Saturday, September 8, 2012

FREE


Youcef is free!

Oh my good gravy.  I am so excited I can hardly think what to type.  He is free.

So many prayers have been uttered.  Some of you have joined with us in daily prayers for Youcef.  And oh, God has answered.

Youcef did not recant!

In 2010, Iranian Pastor Youcef Nardarkhani was found guilty of apostasy.  Upon refusing to deny Christ, he was sentenced to death.  His past three years have been filled with appeals, trials, and threats.  Even his Iranian lawyer was arrested for the apparent crime of defending his client.

Due to prayers of the saints, Youcef was released on Saturday.  His charges were downgraded from apostasy to evangelizing Muslims.  His sentence: the three years of time already served.

Here he is being reunited with his sons.  My heart soars.  I can't stop looking at this picture.


His sons just wanting to be near him.  My momma heart breaks.

This Sunday he will spend with his church.  Oh what a worship service they will be having.

And someday.  Someday, we will meet in Heaven.  And I will be able to thank him.

To thank him for persevering.  For showing the world that this thing called Christ is worth dying for.

To thank him for waking this safe American girl up.  Persecution is not a thing of the past.  It is happening now more than ever.

My job is to pray.

Without ceasing.

For our brothers and sisters around the world to have a faith so strong and so real that they would be willing to do what Youcef has done.

And for myself.  That my faith would be this big.  Even now, oh Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Hannah! Love it :) Why were were not closer when we worked together???

    ReplyDelete